Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Being a teen mom

Being a first time mom is very challenging and pretty hard. I’ve learned a lot of things, things I

never knew about. Being so young and raising a child is no easy thing. It takes a lot of hard work

and you have to be very responsible and grow up. Although, it’s tough I wouldn’t trade it for

anything in the world. I don’t regret being a mom. I am proud of who I’ve become. I wouldn’t

influence any one my age to have a child though. Even though I love this amazing blessing

sometimes I feel like I’m missing out on a lot teenagers do every day. Everyday I’m taking care

of a child, learning new things. I’m always on my daughter’s time now, never on mines. When

she’s up I have to be up with her to, keeping an eye on her at all times. I’m either feeding her,

rocking her, holding her, or just entertaining her. I can only imagine how it will be when she

gets older. I know it won’t get easier at all. When she’s asleep half of the time I’m still up trying

to get what I have to get done myself, because I can’t do some of the things I want to when

she’s awake. That always leaves me with about 5 hours to sleep. My sleeping schedule has

gotten a bit better as she’s gotten older. When she was a newborn she literally drove me crazy,

and plus I was in pain because I was recovering from my delivery surgery. When you’re a mom

your whole perspective on life changes instantly. I always put my child before anyone and

everything. I go for my goals for her and I make sure I’m successful so I can be her role-model. I

fell in love with my daughter when I first laid eyes on her. I never knew it was possible to love

something so much, and to be so protective over something. As time progressed I’ve warmed

up to being a mom. Everything has become more natural to me. I’m not saying it’s easier but I

get it now. I’m handling the situations so much better. Being a mom is no piece of cake, it has

definitely changed me into a much stronger person. Not only has the experience made me

become a mom but also a woman. I had to grow up fast. I didn’t get to experience everything a

teenager’s suppose to experience. That whole 9 months was worth it though. I love being a mom so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment